Sunday, November 4, 2012

One story arc ends, another story arc starts!

Larry liked how the first chapter ended by reinforcing his role as one of the comic’s protagonists and mentioning his café.  I liked how the first story arc ended on a happy note.

I wanted the last panel to introduce a new antagonist for my comic.  But, I didn’t want to have a standard “off the shelf villain” as seen in so many other web comics.

Then, in an unrelated conservation Larry and I talked about the Lake Superior barrels.  I told Larry that if these barrels contained nothing more dangerous than scrap metal, then these bits should have been recycled.  After all, making “military grade” components, especially strong metal, is expensive.

Larry and I came up with the idea that these barrels were filled with the remains of an alien spacecraft shot down by a secret Army weapon near Roswell, New Mexico.  The spacecraft didn’t carry living beings, but it was itself a living being enclosed in a metal shell.  Now, these fragments of this alien spacecraft are awakening, these bits are angry, and these bits want revenge upon the humans and their cab allies!

No comments:

Post a Comment