Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Before and during the 2012 Duluth Flood


I’m amazed at how well this page comes together.  It has a pleasing mix of asymmetrical design, bright and subdued colors, and Abigail Adams tells a short and snappy narration that is sufficient to tell the reader what’s going on with these characters.

Here is what I found out while making my first digital comic that you can use to create your own digital comic.

First, I’d suggest that you should create your own digital photography portfolio of subjects to use for backgrounds.

Second, don’t be afraid to use slightly blurred photographs.  The first panel has a blurred photo (shot in light fog) for a background.  I blurred my three 3D characters to make them better match with the 2D background photo.

Third, I also darkened my three characters in panels 1, 3, 4, and 5.  I then added a rain picture (thoughtfully included in ComiPo!) as foreground for panels 5, 6, and 7.

Lastly, I’m grateful for digital software such as “ComiPo!”.  I could have never made a hand drawn comic, printed out paper copies, and then attempted to sell these to readers.



No comments:

Post a Comment