Wednesday, July 17, 2019

What I concluded about myself as a child.

“There are many who are living far below their possibilities because they are constantly handing over their individualities to others. Do you want to be a power in the world? Then be yourself.” 
In Tune With the Infinite, by Ralph Waldo Trine

When I was attending Chester Park Elementary School, about the first or second grade, I determined that I could not become the best generic, cookie cutter version of a boy, son, or United States citizen.  However, I could become the best James Patrick Buchanan that I could be.  That thought has guided me ever since and made me the happy individual that I am now.

“Winners never quit and quitters never win.”
- Vince Lombardi

I also determined to keep trying until I succeed at a goal.  I have seen far too many people around me either never make an attempt to get something that they want, or make one half-hearted attempt, fail, and then never make another attempt again.  I have the courage to keep at something until I succeed, like Batman.

No comments:

Post a Comment