Thursday, April 21, 2016

Ponies Unexpected: Chapter Twelve

Chapter 12:  Job offer for Fluttershy Unexpected

Meanwhile, Fluttershy was pulling a Pegasus sky cart, still painted in a military dull gray and full of ancient paintings of famous Pegasus commanders, from the abandoned Pegasus city to Twilight’s airship.  This was Fluttershy’s third round trip that day, and she was getting tired.  From high in the air, she sees a series of wide roads built as loops connecting unusual appearing homes.  Yet, when Fluttershy landed on one of these roads, she saw that these homes are for animals and that she was in a zoo.

After taking off the cart’s harness, and getting a drink of water from a fountain, Fluttershy saw a mare about her age.  This mare has a zinc coat, a white gold mane and tail, a pink heart for a cutie mark.  The mare wore a forest green blazer, a white shirt and a green tie.  The zinc coated mare taps her hoof on her PDA several times, smiles, and then walks over to Fluttershy.

The zinc coated mare spoke to Fluttershy, “You must be the Pegasus Fluttershy.  My name is Warm Heart, the chief zookeeper for Chancellor Puddinghead’s Zoo.  But, don’t let the name fool you.  This zoo has been rebuilt; contracted in size and expanded in size so many times that Puddinghead’s original Zoo has been reduced to one fountain, topped with an ancient bronze statue of her.  What brings you to my zoo?  We have few pony visitors on a weekday, and never had a Pegasus pony visitor, that is until today.”

“Well, I was getting tired from pulling this Pegasus cart, so I landed here.  Is that OK with you?

“Fluttershy, I don’t mind, as the paved path you landed on is wide enough to park five carts side by side and still have sufficient room for ponies to walk past them.  Where did you get that cart?  It looks so ancient.”

“My friend Rainbow and I found this cart in the cloud city armory.  By the way, you must have a wonderful job taking care of the many animals here.  I see several species that I don’t recognize and I’m skilled at taking care of animals.”

“Fluttershy, you have skills in taking care of animals?”

“I sure do Warm Heart; take a look at my photos.  I had one of the airship crew members transfer my photo album into my PDA.”  Fluttershy extends her hoof, so Warm can see photos of Fluttershy’s home and all the animals that she cares for on her PDA.

After seeing about one hundred photos, Warm said, “Fluttershy, that’s impressive.  I could use some extra help around here.  Could you considering working for me at my zoo?  There is more than five hundred different species of animals here.”

“I don’t know what to say.  I’d love to work here, but I don’t want to leave my animal friends in Ponyville.”

“You could bring your animals to this zoo.  I’ll even pay for their travel expenses and I’d make sure that they will be well cared for.”

“You’ve given me something to think about, to consider Warm Heart.  Thanks for taking your time to have a delightful conservation with me.  Well, my friend Rainbow will be cross with me if I’m late delivering these Pegasus artifacts to Twilight’s airship.  So, I’ll be going now.”

Fluttershy puts on her cart harness, and then flies up and toward Twilight’s airship.

My Little Pony:  Friendship is Magic, Copyright © 2010 Lauren Faust, Hasbro Studios, and DHX Media

No comments:

Post a Comment