Monday, December 4, 2023

What happened to me during my high school history class?


The following true story about watching a documentary movie in my high school history class might be offensive to sensitive readers.  Thus, reader discretion is advised.

 

At Duluth Minnesota East High School, during my history class, I watched a monochrome movie about the Nazi death camps.  The many disturbing and graphic images of these death camps upset my mind and turned my stomach.  I sure was grateful that the movie was made using monochrome film, instead of color film.  I don’t think I could have kept my breakfast in my stomach if that movie had been made using color film.

 

It was during that painful to watch, fifty minute movie that I determined to never let my inalienable rights be taken from me, or allow anyone else's inalienable rights to be taken from them.  Always choose freedom over slavery and death.  Despite being many years after I watched that movie, those words and images still have the power to move my emotions and thoughts.

 

Besides giving you loyal readers insight into my past and my current mind, what’s the point of this post?

 

"Never Again"

 

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."

- American Baptist minister Martin Luther King, Jr.


No comments:

Post a Comment