Friday, September 25, 2020

I attended Anime Detour 2005, Part Five


I made my University of Minnesota Duluth class presentation before the World Wide Web was widely available.  Thus, at that time I don’t take into account thousands of sites such as Anime News Network that inform the fan base of Japanese animation and Japanese comics that might interest those in the fandom.


In addition, my mind is blown that I can watch Japanese animation and read Japanese comics on my phone.  I’m surprised at how far technology has advanced in fifteen years.  I wonder how technology will advance in the next fifteen years.  How will Japanese animation be made, marketed, and enjoyed by fans in 2035?



I know several of my friends who give passing attention to beautiful women when they are wearing ordinary clothing.  But, when the same women are wearing colorful costumes they become demigoddesses worthy of double takes in the eyes of these people.  I admit that I’ve done that at conventions when viewing beautiful woman wearing beautiful costumes.


“I love going to places where I can sit and people watch, take in the colors of their clothes, the wrinkles they have around their eyes when they smile, their body language when meeting one another, and sometimes I even eavesdrop on their conversations - wink!”
― 
Helen Edwards, Nothing Sexier Than Freedom


No comments:

Post a Comment