Thursday, September 24, 2020

I attended Anime Detour 2005, Part Four


Fan conventions are events to enjoy and purchase symbolic artifacts that express deep meaning to those who know what they are.  The meaning of these artifacts changes from fan to fan and from generation to generation of fans.  Wearing my Minnesota Vikings hat is the same as wearing my Sailor Jupiter cosplay costume.  These things are symbolic artifacts that express my interest in a particular media franchise.



If I were to create this presentation in 2020, I certainly would include things that I left out of this presentation.  I would include details about my travel to the convention hotel before the convention started and then my return back home after the convention ended.  I would include more images of the hotel itself.  I would also include information about Anime Detour room parties, the food that I ate, and short interviews with the convention staff along with the hotel staff.


No comments:

Post a Comment