Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Superior Street Reconstruction Celebration, Part Seven


More photos of dancing on the new street that was made possible with choreography led by Harbor City International School students as the Harbor City String Band performed the song “Sandy Boys”.


Some people seemed to really love dancing on the new street.


I wonder how many other photographers, both professional and amateur were attending this event?


I’m surprised that so few people attended this important event to celebrate opening two blocks of Superior Street.


At least the music was good and easy to dance to.


I think that recent rainstorm and the cold may have kept many people away from this celebration that might have attended otherwise.


I wonder if new streetcar tracks will ever be built on Superior Street.  I would love to see streetcars, powered by hydrogen engines so there is no need for overhead wires, on Superior Street.


I don’t think that there will be a subway line built under Superior Street; as Second Street would be a better location for a subway line.

No comments:

Post a Comment