Thursday, November 12, 2020

I found this Regulating Transhumanism poster on the third floor, A. B. Anderson Hall (ABAH) at UMD Duluth, part 4.

“I am a strong believer in the free market.  I am a strong believer in capitalism.  But, I am also a strong believer that there are certain common goods - our air, our water, making sure that people are safe - that require to have some regulation.”

- Barack Obama

 

Similar to equal opportunity in education and equality before the law, city, state, and national governments need to make sure that we all have sensible regulations to make Transhumanism technology available to all that want it or need it.  The last thing humanity needs is to continue contemporary slavery or create a new caste system that’s based upon access to Transhumanism technology.  When we create future regulations to govern the development and distribution of Transhumanism technology, we must neither be foolishly optimistic nor be fearful pessimistic.

 

As a professional writer, on days when I’m at my best, I am able to write exceptionally well.  With Transhumanism technology improving my mind not just once, but several times, I will be able to write exceptionally well each and every time I write.  This will be good for my writing career as well as being good for all my readers.

 

“Progress always involves risks.  You can’t steal second base and keep your foot on first.”

- Frederick B. Wilcox

 

I have a friend who has Asperger syndrome.  They told me that if given the opportunity that they would take a cure of their Asperger syndrome as soon as it becomes available.  Yet, some other people who have Asperger syndrome are happy with the way they are now and would not take a cure for Asperger syndrome.  Do those mentally disabled and/or socially disabled people who wish to remain the way they are now have the legal rights to not take a cure for Asperger syndrome?

 

Just imagine a human society where all architects are as talented as Frank Lloyd Wright and Marion Mahony Griffin.  Just imagine a human society where all artists are as talented as Leonardo da Vinci and Élisabeth Vigée Le Brun.  Just imagine a human society where all scientists are as talented as Isaac Newton and Ada Lovelace.  Just imagine a human society where all writers are as talented as Mark Twain and Virginia Woolf.  Just imagine a human society where exceptional creativity will be commonplace; while mediocrity in all things will slowly disappear from human society.

 

“There are only two options: Make progress or make excuses.”

- Anonymous

 

I can also imagine humans developing emotional states that we can’t imagine in the year 2020.  We could have new ways of thinking and new ways of feeling that will make our lives richer and more fulfilling than ever before.


No comments:

Post a Comment