Friday, November 20, 2020

I found this Regulating Transhumanism poster on the third floor, A. B. Anderson Hall (ABAH) at UMD Duluth, part 6.

Inspired by a Regulating Transhumanism wall poster that I found at UMD; let’s explore sensible regulations on Transhumanism technology that could impact humans and human society.  Humans have always created successful regulations while advancing and implementing technology such as airplanes, automobiles, and trains.  Creating sensible regulations on Transhumanism technology will be no different from all the other inventions that humans have created in the past.

 

Prospective parents must have the right to ensure that their offspring are physically and mentally healthy individuals.  However, do they have the right to predetermine their offspring’s appearance or personality?  Is it legal for me to predetermine that my son will have blond hair with blue eyes having the voice of Frank Sinatra, or my daughter will have red hair with green eyes having the voice of Carrie Underwood?  Should the law allow Star Trek married couples to have children and themselves to look like the Andorians, Klingons, or Vulcans?  Should the law allow furry fandom married couples to have furry children who have body fur, animal ears, and tails?  In 2020, I don’t know the answer to those important questions.

 

With Transhumanism technology, every human could become their own unique species.  Therefore, our human society needs Transhumanism regulations to make sure that ordinary civilians don’t get dangerous body parts such as venomous fangs such as the Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake or have the ability to give dangerous electrical shocks such as the electric eel.

 

When I was in elementary school, one of my school teachers told my class that he had to teach subjects by teacher lecture and student memorization because “I can’t pour the information you need to learn in class into your minds”.  I asked myself, “Why not find a way to pour the information we students need to learn in class into our minds?”  Neuroscientists have already found a way to record a memory into the mind of a mouse.  So, why not use more sophisticated machines to record a memory into the mind of a human.

 

For example, I’d love to sleep for eight hours in a downloading machine and wake up knowing how to use Source Filmmaker and the Valve Hammer Editor to make short, animated films based on my stories.  Yet, I want strong regulations that no malware is downloaded into my mind along with the information that I want to learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment